As it is World Sleep Day, we are sharing some tips to help you get some blissful shut-eye.
It is essential to get the right amount of sleep to maintain good mental and physical health. Experts say that 7-9 hours is recommended for adults. The benefits associated with a good night’s sleep are endless, yet a significant number of people are not getting enough sleep on a regular basis.
Create your sleep ritual and set the mood for relaxation every night, try the below tips to help you maximise on rejuvenating sleep:
1. Diffuse some calming essential oils. madebyzen® have an amazing collection of aroma diffusers and essential oils which help to set the mood.
2. Take a bath with some essential oil infused moisturising bath oil.
4. Try drinking some herbal tea before you sleep. Chamomile is known to aid relaxation and sleep.
5. Ensure the temperature and lighting in your bedroom is just right to help you get cosy and comfortable. Experts say the ideal temperature for adults is between 15-22 °C (60-72 °F).
Did you know that sleeping in a cooler room has many potential health benefits and is not just recommended for insomniacs.
7. Try a sleep app to help promote regular sleep patterns and habits. We use Pzizz (Sleep, Nap, Focus), Calm (Meditation and Sleep Stories) and headspace (Guided meditation).
Why don’t you give them a try?
We all know that with too much caffeine, an overactive mind, work stress or late night Netflix binges can be difficult to gain the right amount of sleep.
We hope some of our tips will improve the quality of your sleep and would love to hear about your sleep rituals – share them with us.